Blogger Tanya Burr has previously given us an insight into Natalie Portman's 'simple yet glamorous look', Blake Lively's boho chic beauty. and Katy Perry's sparkly eye makeup. Now see how she works her magic to recreate 'The Amazing Spider-Man' actress Emma Stone's winged eyeliner look.
Today I will be giving you guys a step by step guide to actress Emma Stone's signature make up look. Emma's make up is often natural yet defined and eye catching and you can achieve it in a few simple steps...
1. Start by using a foundation that gives a lightweight, natural yet flawless finish. I opted for Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation which is perfect for this look. Blend only a small amount into the skin using a stippling brush for that extra natural finish.
2. Next fill in the brows. I used a pencil over a powder to achieve a more natural looking finish. Tom Ford's Brow Sculptor is great because it has a more waxy finish to allow for this natural effect that Emma's brow has.
3. Now on to the eyes! In this particular look, Emma wears a defined liner look with a pretty flick at the corners for that cat-like finish. Start by sweeping a natural eyeshadow colour all over the lid to even out skin tone and to also use as a base. Emma's eyes appear to have almost no shadow on them but I would contour the eyes with a natural brown colour and lightly blend this into the crease for extra definition and shape.
4. For the liner take your favourite gel liner and brush, mine is Maybelline's gel liner in 01 Black and a MAC 209 brush. This brush will help to achieve the thicker liner that Emma wears. Run this across the lid, close to the lashes and right into the tear duct. For the flick, it helps to look slightly up to get the flick in the right place. Emma wears quite a strong flick but you can alter it to what suits your eye shape the most. I then ran a simple black shadow under the eye using a pencil brush.
5. I then curled the lashes and applied lots of mascara to both the top and bottom lashes for a dramatic look.
6. Then conceal any blemishes and under the eyes to get rid of any uneven colour. Apply this with a fluffy brush to really blend the concealer in. Then powder through the centre of the skin with a translucent powder to diminish shine.
7. Then gently contour the cheeks with a matte bronzer to give the face more shape and definition. Emma wears barely anything on her cheeks except from a small amount of bronzed contouring through the hollows of her cheeks. I recommend using a buffing brush and Chanel's matte cream bronzer to achieve a minimal finish. Blend this in in circular motions through the back of the cheeks and a small amount on the apples of the cheeks.
8. Finally on to the lips. Dior Addict lipstick in 646 Wild is the perfect bronze hue, it is not too glossy but instead gives a beautiful sheen across the lip which is perfect for recreating an Emma look!