Natalie Portman got married at the weekend and we are ridiculously excited about it! She is one of the most chic, charming and classically beautiful leading ladies in Hollywood and her ceremony was a suitably understated and media-free affair. Inspired by the blushing bride, we asked beauty blogger, Tanya Burr to talk us through getting Natalie's understated but elegant red carpet look.
The blogger has already given us an insight into how to get Victoria's Secret model makeup and Marilyn Monroe's statement look, but she jumped at the chance of talking us through Natalie's "effortlessly beautiful, simple yet glamorous look". Read Tanya's tips below - turn's out, it looks simple because it is simple to do!
1. Begin with applying a light foundation all over your face to even out your skin tone.
2. Rosy cheeks are a signature part of Natalie's look, so sweep a natural looking rose coloured blush over the apples of your cheeks.
3. Next you need to define your brows! Take a powder eyeshadow like MAC's Charcoal Brown and focus on filling in the brows to create more prominence without heavily defining them.
4. Now onto the eyes! Natalie wears a subtle smoky eye, so make sure you use brown or grey shimmering shadows instead of black to achieve a softer effect. Remember, blending is key!
5. Take a dark brown kohl pencil and run it along your waterline, then for natural yet defined lashes try a mascara like Clinique High Impact.
6. Finish off Natalie's look with a rosy coloured lip gloss.
That's how to achieve Natalie's signature red carpet look! Check out Tanya's how-to video below.
As told to Kate Lloyd