Just as we had begun to calm down a tad (with the emphasis on begun) about the Royal Wedding delights, the Met Ball pics from last night landed on the beauty desk and had us all oohing and aahing once more. So many to-die-for frocks, so much killer hair and a veritable abundance of make-up looks that have got us squawking and squeaking like the beauty girls that we are. Here, in no particular order, is our shortlist of the top 10...
1. Demi Moore - This super hot cougar has it spot-on as always. She knows how to flatter her face and avoid looking try-hard. The glossy nude lip and sculpted cheek bones are just the ticket. And check out that décolletage ladies. Someone’s been wearing her Factor 50 rather religiously and boy, has it paid off.
2. Alexa Chung - We love what Ms. Chung has done with her hair in this instance. The very Mad Men-esque fifties style curl/wave sculpts perfectly under her feline face for some serious phwoar factor. Top it off with her trademark eyeliner and on-trend candy pink lip this one’s certainly a winner.
3. Gisele Bundchen – Apart from swooning at her seriously hot hubbie, we’ve also been eyeing up this supermodel mum’s hair, which looks like it’s been to the salon for some ombre highlighting. (Alternatively, this lightening of the tips could also the result of Gisele lounging around in the sun looking gorgeous. Sigh). Anyhow, the darker roots and paler lengths suit her bronze skin tone perfectly and the gentle wave adds a touch of chic sophistication. We love that she has embraced the ‘no make-up make-up’ look. Please take note of those flawlessly arched brows and impeccable posture.
4. Rosie H-W – It was Miss H-W’s soft smokey eye that caught ours. Bang on trend this season, the Victoria’s Secret Angel teamed it with a soft nude lip, which kept the look on the right side of OTT. Plus that deep side parting and gentle wave is just the thing to pull off a statement dress like this. One can hardly blame her boyf Jason Statham for his shameless groping in all the pap shots.
5. Rihanna – Ri-Ri has inspired most of the office with her casual yet uber chic plait. LOVE LOVE LOVE. What with those dazzling eyes (we reckon that’s at least 9 coats of mascara), and the on-trend plum red lips, Rihanna might’ve just stolen the show.
6. Chanel Iman – Talk about nailing a catwalk trend, Chanel’s sumptuous and glossy dark lip is the epitome of old Hollywood glamour. That thin top layer of gloss was a well thought out decision with all those camera flashes (take note people), and the soft brown shadow complements her delicate complexion. Oh, and have you SEEN that Chanel handbag? How apt, and we’re beyond jels too.
7. Blake Lively – We’re still undecided on La Lively’s new orange mane, but the lovely lady has worked wonders on those cat eyes of hers. Playing on the smokey eye trend, she has added essential highlighting under and above her eyes to bring out their bright blue hue and flatter her skin tone. Lovely jubbley.
8. Isabel Lucas – This Hollywood babe’s got THE perfect tan going on. We love the sun-kissed beach babe look she is channelling and will be trying to recreate it on ourselves asap (watch this space…). Also spotted; some clever use of white eyeliner on that waterline of her eye, just to make her eyes look EVEN bigger and greener. She obviously takes her tips from the pro’s… Good work Isabel.
9. Lily Aldridge – We’ve fallen hook, line and sinker for Lil’s flawless hair. Nailing three trends at once, she’s got her dip-dyeing, side parting and tousled waves down to a T. Cleverly, she’s kept her make-up to a minimum so as not to detract from those luscious locks.
10. Diane Kruger - Last but definitely not least we have got the hots for Ms Kruger big time! We can’t get enough of her choice of metallic eyeshadow, flawless skin and legs. Diane we salute you.
By Angelica Hermon