Now I’m the type of person who sleeps in her make-up, hasn’t changed her mascara for six months and considers Johnson’s baby wipes high-tech. But after working on Grazia’s Beauty Hot 100 special I realised it was time to get with the beauty programme – starting with my skin.
As part of the skinsider feature – giving you the ultimate skinny on all things new in skin – I spoke to beauty guru Wendy Rowe about anti-ageing. ‘If you haven’t started by 25, you’re too late,’ she exclaimed. ‘OK I’m joking but it’s time to take action.’ Her words ringing in my ears I turned to Grazia’s Contributing Beauty Editor – aka, the woman with the best skin I’ve ever seen – for a skin-prescription. Armed with bottles, pills and spritzing five times a day, I’ve followed it to the letter. (To the immense amusement of my boyfriend who can’t understand why my bag’s now bulging with beauty products).
And Liz’s recommendations have been so brilliant I knew I had to share them below. Follow strictly for a month and you’ll see visible radiant results. The only problem? When you come home late after one, oh ok two or three, glasses of wine…
- For uber-dewy skin double cleanse – that means do it twice in a row! – using Liz Earle’s Cleanse and Polish with a hot cloth (£13, John Lewis).
- Pat on Darphin Lifting & Firming Eye Serum (£43, 08700342566) around the sensitive skin on your eyes.
- Use a heavy-duty face moisturiser like Caudalie Vinexpert Riche Radiance Cream (£35.50, Beauty Expert)
- Take two Organic Pharmacy (£35.71, The Organic Pharmacy) Skin Radiance supplements with water.
Throughout the day
- Spritz regularly with beauty editors secret-swear-by-product Caudalie’s Beauty Elixr (£9.95, Beauty Expert)
- Double cleanse again!
- Massage 5 drops of Liz Earle’s Superskin Night Oil (£5.25, Liz Earle) into skin to as a barrier for skin moisture loss.
- And slap on that Darphin eye cream as above.
Twice a week
- Use a face mask. We love Aromatherapy Associates Overnight Repair Mask (£43, Aromatherapy Associates)
by Hattie Brett