Too many mince pies and gallons of champers may have left you in need of a serious detox, therefore sparking a whole host of New Year's resolutions all revolving around getting that hot body once and for all. But don't forget to squeeze in one or two beauty resolutions. Here's the Grazia beauty desk's five hot new rules for 2010:
1) We WILL get into stick-on nails. They're hot apparently and cheaper than regular mani-pedi's. Try Zoe Pocock's fash sets at New Look stores.
2) We vow to learn at least three new up-do's – buns, twists, and plaits are the new 'It' accessory. Besides, lady-like hair is our secret to looking rich and gorgeous at all times.
3) We will get a beauty tattoo sharpish. Henna tats as seen at Rodarte's spring/summer show are the hottest thing on the planet for the new year… we'll be wearing ours with Alexander Wang's American sportswear.
4) We are swapping black liner for white. Haven't you heard? It's all about shhh shades in '10. Being understated à la Donna Karan's spring make-up look is the way to go ladies!
5) We will break out of our beauty rut. Yes, we like power make-up brands, too. But have you heard about the new tribe of make-up artists launching ranges this year? We've waited with baited breath for Elias Faas (www.ellisfaas.com) and RMS (Rosemary Swift) and now they're here. One word: Wowzer.
- Annabel Jones