A lot can happen in a week at Grazia HQ so we thought we’d give you a run down of the beauty department’s favourite beauty happenings this week.
1. In at the top spot is Adam Reed, hair guru and stylist to the stars (including Agyness Deyn, Reese Witherspoon, Lady GaGa - we could go on!) who has been given his own blog. Hurrah! Check out the daily updates to see what Adam has been doing - it's fascinating stuff because not only is he famous for creating such fabulous styles as Diane Kruger's Cannes braid but he’s also a self confessed beauty junkie. We love him! www.head1st.net/adamreed
2. This week we were treated to a launch at swanky sushi restaurant NoBu for Revlon’s exciting new foundation PhotoReady, which is out in March next year. It’s based on the technology of transition lenses in optical glasses. It adapts to every kind of light so that whether you’re inside in artificial light or outside in natural light the foundation adapts. It’s all down to the Photochromatic pigments which are designed to bend and reflect to cover and deal with any flaw. No wonder Hollywood is going mad for it.
3. Have you been drooling over Minx nails but haven’t had a moment to book yourself an appointment? Well look what landed on our desks this week! Blixz are similar, pre-designed nail transfers in amazing metallic colours that you can apply yourself as there is no need for a specialist salon lamp and for £9.99, you can’t go wrong! www.blixz.com
4. Always hot on the heels of a nail trend, we couldn’t help but notice the increase in pastel green and blue nails on celebrities recently. Ahead of the trend game (pastel brights are going to be huge in 2010) it’s flattering, trans-seasonal and an instant outfit update.
5. Goody is the number one selling hair accessories brand in the US and it's about to take over Boots with a huge range of hair accessories and brushes. So when we discovered we could get our hands on the Straighten Ouchless ceramic barrel brush, we just had to tell you how fabulous it is. As a department of long locks, we’re often complaining of hair breakages and knots often caused by styling tools so you can imagine our delight when we were told of the brushes quick release button which retracts the bristles so you'll never get in a tangle again. A hair hero if ever we saw one!
- Lauren Murdoch-Smith, Grazia's Associate Beauty Editor