Thank the Lord that the Victoria’s Secret fashion show was only aired in the US last night. We were spared seeing those glamazon models strut down the catwalk, making us feel shameful of our bods that are now hibernating under chunky coatigans and faux fur. It's official people: bare flesh is a distant memory and bikini weather is far from upon us. But we were happy to hear that despite being supermodels, it takes each VS model three to five hours in make-up and hair and a five person-strong hair and make-up team working on every inch of their bodies. VS model Selita Ebanks explained, ‘It's all about creating the illusion of this amazing body on the runway, people don't realise that there are about 20 layers of make-up on my butt alone!’ Phew! What a relief to know that even models need a bit of help to improve their bodies.
So although at the top of Grazia Daily's Christmas wishlist is our very own personal beauty crew for the party season, we have a hunch it's not going to happen. But never fear! Because who needs a five-person team of stylists when you have these body-perfecting products? Check out our top beauty picks below...
1. St Tropez Everyday Perfect Legs: a double-pump of illuminating instant bronzer and gradual tan which can be mixed together or used alone. Either way your legs look tanned, youthful and model like! www.st-tropez.com
2. MAC face and body foundation: mix this with MAC’s Strobe cream (make-up artist’s favorite bikini body quick fix) and pasty legs and arms become photo finish skin instantly. www.maccosmetics.co.uk
3. Per-fekt Beauty Body Perfection Gel: a multitasking, hard working product. The glimmer gel is ideal as a body ‘pick-me-up’ making any area look instantly healthy but it’s also packed with Hyaluronic filling spheres which help hydrate dry, winter skin and it firms and tones. Genius! www.perfektbeauty.com
4. Dior Plasticity Body Beautifying Micro-Peel: an intense exfoliation treatment that helps with the ‘orange peel’ appearance of cellulite and it contains special ingredients to help cellulite creams and gels absorb better into your skin. www.boots.com
5. Rodial Bum Lift: this not only helps with cellulite on your derriere and thighs but it lifts, tones and smoothes, promising to improve firmness by 60%. We’ll have two please! www.rodial.co.uk
Top backstage tip: if you dare to bare legs, use a hair serum down the front of your legs to give them a glossy sheen that’ll make them look longer!
- Lauren Murdoch-Smith, Grazia's Associate Beauty Editor
And why not let us know how you're feeling about your body right now by filling in Grazia's Body Survey 2010