After countless shows and no contact with anyone other than make-up and hairstylists, London Fashion Week has come to an end. So, in a beauty twist, here's a round-up of the highlights and lowlights
(get it?) from backstage. We've seen all sorts, from Christopher Kane to Erdem, but at every show the looks were strong and striking and hair was ambitious and awe-inspiring. We're going to get practising now!
- Luella’s patent coloured hair bows as styled by Guido.
- Christopher Kane’s surfing, skateboarding girls with hot pink lips and dishevelled hair..
- Matthew Williamson’s seam parting by Malcolm Edwards was pure genius.
- Jeremy Scott’s Flintstones meets Japanese Harajuku girl was so innovative. Wilma Rubble eat your heart out!
- Guido bringing his mum backstage at Luella and his Godson (Luella’s son) assisting him. Quite the family affair!
- Pat McGrath doing the make-up at Issa. We just love Pat!
- The yummy Topshop catering. It gets better every season.
- Chanel Iman’s boyfriend accompanying her to every show, always in a great cardigan!
- A certain model throwing a tantrum at Jeremy Scott and Nathan Jenden. 'No pictures please' but lots of tears and chair throwing! Not pretty.
- Models at Jonathan Saunders worrying about the sky-scraper heels. Overheard: ‘these heels are so painful!’
- The heat backstage at the Topshop space. Not even funny.
- Seeing Lara Stone in the flesh. So beautiful. So depressing.
Running around meant that I needed to file copy and check emails on the go-thank goodness for my Dell (PRODUCT)RED Inspiron Mini laptop. Not only was it small and light enough to carry with me everywhere, the colour looked fab too. I was the envy of the press lounge!
- Lauren Murdoch-Smith