We're almost scared of talking too soon, but with all the glorious sun around we've started thinking about refreshing our make-up bag. Because as if getting our legs out last week wasn't scary enough, in the new summery light our foundation's beginning to look a little heavy, too. So here's a rundown of our annual summer make-up and skincare swaps.
- Swap your winter body cream for a lighter alternative with an SPF. It's even better if your favourite cream has a lighter version like Kiehl's Creme de Corps Light-Weight Body Lotion SPF 30. Because warmer weather means sticky bodies. And that means a light moisturiser.
- Go one shade darker with your foundation to give yourself an instant colour and glow. Try Revlon's Custom Creations Foundation SPF15, £13.69. You can turn the dial to adjust the shade and it's got an SPF too.
- Ditch your regular winter cleanser for an oil type, like Shu Uemura's cleanser High Performance Balancing Oil Fresh, from £23.49. It's specially formulated as a lighter alternative for summer.
- Swap your powder blusher for a brighter cream blusher, like No7's Blush Tint Cream Blush in Blossom, £9.50, for a dewy, fresh look
- Start preparing your faux, safe tan now by building up a natural-looking colour with a daily tan moisturiser, like St Tropez's Everyday Body Lotion (£12.72) or Dove Summer Glow Beauty Body Lotion (£4.88). That way you'll be fully prepared when you want to get your bare legs out last minute.
- Foot prep is very important right now as you'll be in getting out your glads sooner than you think. This means facing hard skin and other unspeakable feet problems now! And to help us in our quest for foot perfection, Tweezerman have brought out some new at-home pedicure tools. Our favourite? The Spa Callus Smoother (£15.00, http://www.tweezerman.co.uk/) Don't be scared off by the name, it's all for a good cause!
- Lauren Murdoch-Smith