1. Invest in a mini handheld steamer. And keep it in your desk side cabinet for emergency crease situations! Nothing looks more unprofessional than a wrinkled frock, and these handheld devices are no bigger than a flask, so you can always be prepared.
2. Think less about separates. And more about dresses. Two pieces have more potential to fall out of place and irritate you throughout the day. No-one wants to be mid-meeting and yanking shirt-tails into tights.
3. Keep two identical makeup bags. One for at home, one for the office. This way you'll never fall short of a dark eye-circle or lipstick smudge again – and you won't have to compromise as you'll have your favourite pieces wherever you go.
4. Choose patent shoes. They're less likely to scuff, meaning you can care for them less and chuck them in your bag whilst commuting.
5. Remember your underpinnings. Underwear is the glue that holds any look together. Nude t-shirt bras will always look better under white shirts than a white bra, and VPLs are less likely to occur if you opt for well-fitted, not tight, tangs-style briefs (see M&S)!