If you’re anything like us, hauling yourself to work this morning after four whole days off was a bit of a struggle. We’d got into a pretty heavenly rhythm of sleeping, eating, drinking and general all-day sofa dwelling over the Easter break - and the return of the 8am commute has messed this right up. But, there are a few reasons to be cheerful about being back in the office. Honestly…
1. Tomorrow is Wednesday! You’re nearly half way through the week already and all you’ve done is show up. In fact, we reckon it’s pretty much time to start planning this weekend’s shenanigans.
2. We’re not surrounded by chocolate. Ok, this might sound like a negative, but after four days of mainlining Cadburys Crème eggs, we needed something, anything, to come between us and the sugar.
3. You’ve done your family duties for a few weeks. You helped your mum cook the roast lamb, went on the obligatory bank holiday walk with your dad and smiled sweetly when your niece demolished your Green and Blacks egg. Family time is lovely, but after four days, we all need a breather.
4. The weather has gone rubbish again. For once, the sun has not put his hat on and laughed his face off at us lot stuck in an airless office. In fact, the sun respectfully went back behind his raincloud just in time for us to go back to work – making us feel a little bit better about the whole situation.
5. We get to discuss that Game of Thrones episode. No spoilers in case you’re not up to date yet, but Monday night’s episode was a bit of a shocker, and we’ve been desperate to dissect the gory details. Meet you in the kitchen in five.