There are two common misconceptions each summer when it comes to festival dressing. One, that a playsuit it a great festival staple. Seriously? Portaloos + full scale undressing to take off a playsuit = a sartorial nightmare. Especially by day three *yuck*. The other most frequent festival packing faux pas? The notion that a floral headband and denim hotpants will make for a totally unique and classy festival style experience. No, and no!
So to save you the hassle of trawling through endless websites and stores this summer, we've picked our festival essentials in the shopping fix below. The key to a successfully stylish festival season?
1. Pack smart: don't bring anything that you can't sit on the grass in. May we recommend dark wash denim shorts?
2. Bring ankle boots for chilly mornings with dewy grass: flip flops on wet grass with flattened chips in it just doesn't cut it.
3. T-shirts are key: you won't just wear them with denim shorts each day, but you'll most likely sleep in them too. Roll up the sleeves during the day for a more even tan, natch.
4. Unless you're keeping it on for the duration, trinket jewellery is just going to get lost in the grass/tent/crowd: pack one statement necklace and wear it with everything for an instantly stylish update.
5. No floral headbands necessary.
Shop our festival style picks