GALLERY Things you need to know about Jessa Johansson AKA Actress Jemima Kirke >>
1. She's a wild child. To celebrate the launch of HBO's Emmy nominated Girls in the UK (Mon 22 Sept, 10pm, Sky Atlantic, this week we're giving you a guide to the four key female characters and actresses in the show critics have described as 'The Real Sex and the City'. First up let's meet the coolest girl in the crew, unpredictable hippie chick Jessa Johansson, played by Jemima Kirke. Jessa: Not in the Lindsay Lohan sense – Jessa is what you would call a ‘free spirit’. She’s a world traveller with no permanent home of her own, job, family, responsibilities or sense of direction. This chick marches to the beat of her own bongo drum. Jemima: Married and expecting her second child.
2. She's British - well sorta
Jessa: We don't know what kind of impression she gives Americans about us Brits, but Jessa is Shoshanna's cousin from across the pond. She's super-posh and supposed to represent everything that's wrong with the bohemian lifestyle. Jemima: A cousin of Alice Dellal who was born in London, but raised in New York City.
3. She has an amazing hat collection
Jessa: Nothing says beatnik like an OTT hat collection. From trilbies to wide brimmed, Jessa rocks the lot.
4. She's a rock star daughter
Jemima: The actress is the daughter of Simon Kirke, former drummer in 70s bands Bad Company and Free. This explains her flower child looks and artistic temperament.
5. Her mum runs a vintage boutique
Jemima: We imagine it's a lot easier to adopt a Florence and the Machine-style approach to personal wardrobe when your mum owns a dressing up box in New York City. The vintage boutique is called Geminola and as well as supplying a number of outfits for the HBO series Sex and the City, Jemima's character Jessa also wore a wore a dress from the shop in the show.
6. She met bessie Lena Dunham at school
Jemima: She met Girls writer Lena met while attending Saint Ann's School in New York City and the pair became close friends. Their relationship turned from personal to working when Lena asked Jemima to appear in her first feature film, Tiny Furniture.
7. She was a bridesmaid to rock royalty
Jemima: Not only is Jemima the cousin of model Alice Dellal, she was also a bridesmaid to fellow rock star daughter Leah Wood alongside Georgia May Jagger and Theadora Richards. What a fierce line up!
8. She knows how to work a top knot
Jessa: When she's not wearing a hat, she's rocking a top knot. How else are you meant to show off your trophy earrings?
9. She takes fashion risks
Jessa: Annie Hall meets Florence and the Machine meets Penny Lane in Almost Famous is how we'd describe Jessa's style. She's the friend you want to emulate if only you were brave enough to wear a kimono.
To celebrate the launch of HBO's Emmy nominated Girls in the UK (Mon 22 Sept, 10pm, Sky Atlantic, this week we're giving you a guide to the four key female characters and actresses in the show critics have described as 'The Real Sex and the City'. First up let's meet the coolest girl in the crew, unpredictable hippie chick Jessa Johansson, played by Jemima Kirke.