How To Master The French Braid
Make-up on the beach? Are you insane?! Our efforts up till now have always rendered us more Tom Hanks in Castaway than Halle Berry beach goddess, making this one of the biggest beauty faux-pas known to mankind, we think. However, impressive advances in cosmetic technology now mean that beauty and the beach can finally live happily ever after...
Whether you’re after a 3-day mascara, a 24-hour bold lip colour or a waterproof bronzer (yes, you read that right), the only problem you’re going to have is ensuring there’s a holiday in your diary to try it all out!
Want to know more? You will have to get your well-groomed mitts on the latest issue of Grazia to get the full 411, but in the meantime we have a little extra something that might be right up your street…
We managed to catch up with the lovely Lauren Hersheson (daughter of hair guru Daniel) who revealed her top summer beauty tips. Lauren is a pro at the ‘no make-up, make-up’ look, and her forte lies in enhancing natural beauty, so we really couldn’t think of anyone better to spill the beans on summer beauty. When she’s not working with the likes of Freida Pinto and Carolina Herrera, Lauren can be found applying her make-up magic on many a bride-to-be. Read on and learn, ladies!
Lauren working her make-up magic
1. Start the summer off with a great exfoliator, not only for the body but the face too. I like Caudalie's Deep Cleansing Exfoliator, £18 for the face.
2. Make sure you are using the right foundation- skin is less dry in the summer so sometimes an oil free foundation works better in a hot climate as it doesn't slide off the face as easily. Chantecaille's Future Skin, £58 is a lovely oil free option.
3. Start moisturising early, not just a couple of days before your holiday. Legs will look so much better and the tan will last longer.
4. Refresh your colour palette. Take a look at some new summer shades-maybe swap your blusher and lipstick for fresher, peachier tones. I like Burberry Light Glow Natural Blushes in Tangerine, £29 and Bobbi Brown's Rich Lip Colour in Soft Coral, £18.
5. Make sure you have the right colour foundation. Buy your foundation a few shades darker than your winter colour so that you can mix them together to achieve every colour in between, from the very lightest to the darkest to match your summer tan.
6. Get your eyebrows in check. Keep them strong with an eye brow pencil, such as Tom Ford's Brow Sculptor, £32 a retractable pencil for creating a great shape and MAC's Brow Set, £12.50 for keeping them in place.
7. Waterproof Mascara is a must for any summer weddings- I'm a fan of Max Factor's Masterpiece Waterproof Mascara, £9.99
8. Fake Tan unfortunately is a must in this country. My favourite is the St Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan Spray, £20.43 as it's quick and very easy.
9. MAC Face and Body Foundation, £26.50 is amazing for the legs. It gives them a very natural airbrushed look.
10. Keep a room temperature bottle of water with a sports cap near you at all times. Hydrating from the inside beats any moisturiser and the sports cap somehow makes it much easier to drink.
Hurry on down and get the latest issue of Grazia before it's too late!
You May Also Like
How To Master The French Braid
Two Minute Makeover: An Exclusive With Kylie Jenner
Two Minute Makeover: A Sunkissed Glow